Thursday, May 12, 2011

Furniture Refinishing Feature

Purchasing refinished pieces makes for a custom look that can be much more cost effective.  It is fun to have pieces that are original,  not part of a set, and something different from your friends or neighbors.

Last month I showed you a vanity makeover I did for my girls room here.


Most of the pieces I have in my home are ones that I have refinished myself.  However, this piece is one of the exceptions that I had sent out to be done by someone else.  I really wanted it lacquered and I do not have the equipment to do that. 

Today, I want to feature Meggie Stevens from Shabby 2 Chic Design.  She is the one that painted my vanity above and did a fantastic job!  (After she painted it I covered the stool with batting, fabric, and trim). Not only does she do a good job, but her prices are very reasonable.  She will do custom pieces that you bring to her, or you can check out her items for sale in her shop here.

So all you locals run out to D.I., Savers, or check KSL and Craigslist...send some furniture her way and get the furniture you envisioned!

No comments: