Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Amish Furniture

A friend and client of mine has a couple of beautiful Amish dressers, so I was very excited when I had the opportunity to go to an Amish market while visiting in Maryland.

Their work is gorgeous, and the quality is unbelievable.  The wood was so smooth I couldn't stop touching it!  Here are some pieces that I captured while I was there - 


I was crazy about this headboard and footboard!





The prices definitely reflect the time, effort, and talent that goes into each one.  However, I think it is worth every penny for these pieces will last a lifetime.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My parents bought some dining room chairs when I was young from some Amish people that literally just had a little tent up on the side of the street in Amish Country. They had amazing craftsmanship and the chairs still look new today.