Saturday, May 21, 2011

Upholstered Cornice

Often to hide drapery hardware, or simply for decoration, cornices are decorative boxes added as an extra touch to window panels. 

Here is a sample I found online:

I have been thinking for quite some time of doing this in our family room.  I wanted to bring some more pattern into the room and thought it would make my room feel taller by drawing the eye up. 

Here are the windows in mind:



I was thinking of using this fabric -


I am not sure if I should do a solid with nail head trim like the sample pictured above and use this fabric for more pillows, or use this for the actual cornice.

I would love to hear what you guys think...???


1 comment:

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

I'd do the pattern for the cornice. It would lighten the room and bring the eyes up - gives it a jazzy feel too! I'll be doing cornices too - in a month or two - and will use same fabric for that and pillows. Can't wait to see it!