Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big Reveal - Before & After Thrift Gun Case Turned Dress-Up Armoire

Without Further ado, here she is!


For those of you who missed my previous post about this, I picked up this old gun case holder at the local thrift store for $25.




As soon as I saw it I knew it would be great for my girls' dress-up clothes in their room so I didn't have to trip over THIS mess anymore:


So I took it home, gave it a good cleaning, removed the gun rack shelf, and filled in all the holes with wood filler.


Then I sanded, primed, and painted it with Valspar's Bright White in Satin. 



I found this cute knob at Hobby Lobby and used a 50% coupon to snag it for only $3.99.  It compliments the fabric I used perfectly!


Next, I created a curtain behind the opening in the door. Check back tomorrow to see how I went about making this curtain.



The inside of the drawer was disgusting.


So I covered it with white contact paper which made it feel so much cleaner and fresh:


And after all that work here it is all put together.






I also added a tension rod inside the armoire for them to hang their dresses, wings, and tutus on.

I found a couple of buckets laying around that I put their play jewelery, sunglasses, and combs in.
I absolutely LOVE it, and to make it even sweeter so do my girls!




My girls use their dress up clothes SO much more now that they are so organized and accessible. 

I hope you all like it as much as we do!

This was featured at:





I am linking up with:








Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

The Shabby Nest






Photobucket
















Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Photobucket













Creations by Kara










The Cottage Chick







Becolorful

17 comments:

Jen said...

It looks fantastic! You would never know it was an old gun case :)

Unknown said...

I love it! What a great idea and so much fun for your girls!! You are so talented.

Candi said...

trish you are seriously wonder woman! i love your blog and all your creative ideas! it turned out wonderful! now you just need to have gordon tell matt about all the cool things you can do with thrifted stuff, because he is always rolling his eyes at my DI and yard sale purchases!

Kara Hanson said...

I love it!!! Such a good idea

Unknown said...

Excellent idea!

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

Now this is original! Love it! Saw this on TT&J. I would love to showcase this on my blog: Playful Decor. Email me if you'd like to be featured. PlayfulDecor (at) gmail (dot) com. fwiw, I worked at Snowbird...love Utah! Have a great weekend!

http://playfuldecor.blogspot.com/

Biljana said...

Great job, it looks absolutely beautiful:-)
Greetings from Biljana

Unknown said...

Wow! So stinkin' cute!

AsylumTanya said...

That is definitely an amazing transformation! I love the finished project! The knob really is a perfect fit! I am your newest follower. I would love it if you came over to Greetings From the Asylum and followed me too!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh my goodness I absolutely adore this! What a charming armoire! You did a fantastic job on it!! :) Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday~ hope you will come share again soon! :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Just letting you know this was highlighted at Feathered Nest Friday today :)

Unknown said...

I would love to see the look on the previous owners face~from guns to princess dresses... awesome!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

this is too darn fun. I'm so glad you linked it up and I am featuring you on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
I hope you will share again as I love your creativity.
Pam

She Who Doodles said...

what a great transformation. you did a great job. love the knob, that was a great find, perfect match to the curtain.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love this. It turned out so cute and I bet she loves seeing her costumes hung up. Thanks for joining my party last week and I will be featuring this.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi there! I just found you through Savvy Southern Style and I think this is just an incredible transformation! Every detail is so perfect and I cannot believe how you gave this piece a whole new life. :-) I love the fabric choice and the room it sits in is just adorable!
Vanessa

jamie slay said...

This is 100% adorable!