Thursday, April 7, 2011

Book Wreath


I apologize in advance for the lack of tutorial. Again, I get so excited to try something not knowing if it is going to work out that I forget to take pictures of the step by step process on the "how to". Below I will give you a description on how I made this cute book wreath for our front door.




Here is what you will need to make your wreath:

1. Find a book that you don't mind ripping apart.
-I went to a local thrift store and picked a book that looked old and weathered with yellow edged pages for an "antiqued" look. *Suggestion* - make sure your book has no surprising unclean words on their pages. My 10 year old pointed out to me after patiently waiting at the door for me to come and let her in that there was a terrible (and I mean TERRIBLE) word on there that I of course had no idea about. Yikes!

2. A foam circle from your local craft store

3. Hot glue and glue sticks, sizzors, pencil

4. Ribbon (I wanted different sizes, colors, and styles to piece together and drape over my wreath)

Start by cutting your book pages in half.

Take the eraser end of your pencil and center it on the page and poke the paper into your wreath. After a gazillion times of doing this your wreath will fill up quite nicely!

Cut your ribbon different lengths and tie into a bow. Attach the bow to the top of your wreath, and VOILA!

One very cute, and hopefully "respectable" book wreath for your front door!




3 comments:

Stephanie Grant said...

Your wreath is so pretty, good job I love looking at it! Good thing your daughter has such a clean little heart. You are very talented.

Mindi said...

I love, love, love it! I think I am going to make one this weekend!

Margie said...

I love it. Looks so nice!