Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Before and After - New House Dining Room Turned Living Room

Since I am constantly redecorating rooms all the time, our previous family room had only been redone for about a year before we moved.


  I loved the neutral colors: brown, white, and tan, with accents of greenery...it felt very comforting to me.  I knew when we moved I wanted to replicate this room in our new home. 

Before:


After:



We removed the chair rail and once again added board and batten a little more than 1/2 way up the wall, painted the upper wall the same as the other house, and changed out the light fixture.  The wall color is from Walmart by Colorplace called Woodland Oak, I had Sherwin Williams color match it to their paint.  Since the room is smaller I had to forgo using the chaise part of the couch and the ottoman, everything else fits just perfect.





2 comments:

linda giordano said...

I love it Trish!! It looks great and looks like a perfect sitting room!

Stones River 1st Seminary said...

Trish, I am always amazed at your transformations! You truly have a gift. I wish you were close enough (TN) to advise me in my bonus room.