Sunday, March 11, 2012

Laundry Room Custom Cabinet Reveal


There was one room in my house that you never saw, or at least I hoped no one ever saw...my laundry room.  Surprisingly, it was the ONLY room in our entire house that had never seen another paint color than the original the builder did 7 years ago.  I know, ME!  The one who paints and repaints walls constantly had a blank canvas and an undecorated room.  Every time I mentioned to my husband that I needed to clean up the laundry room, he would say "Why? No one sees it why spend the time and money on it?".  Well, I see it!  So, while doing laundry last week I decided that was about to change.  I needed a calm and relaxing environment even if no one benefits from it but me.

Here is the boring and realistic BEFORE:


My biggest complaint was lack of storage and use of space.  These wire shelves...weren't cutting it.  I would get so frustrated when items would fall through the slits and land behind my washer and dryer.  I really wanted some custom built-ins that held a lot; yet,  could conceal items to make it look a little bit more appealing.  However, I didn't want to PAY for custom built-ins...so I decided to customize and build my own!

Here is the finished AFTER:


This was really hard to photograph due to the angle of the room and doorway, but here is a glimpse of the inside with the cabinet doors open:


I LOVE how they turned out and am very excited to fill up all these cupboards!

I painted the room Valspar's Notre Dame, a very soft gray. 

Below are the links to "how to make these cabinets" in this room! 

Laundry Room Cabinet Tutorial Part 1 - Building the Cabinet Base

Laundry Room Cabinet Tutorial Part 2 - Cabinet Finish Work

 

 This project is linked up to the following parties, go check out their awesome sites!

I Heart Nap Time







TDC Before and After



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's impressive, Trish. They look great! It's a fantastic use of space.
- Seth

Anonymous said...

They look great! Very nice and it looks like a ton of space now.

Tony

Suzanne said...

Wow! You are amazing Trish! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to do something like that to ours...Looks great!!

Leah

Linda Giordano said...

WOW, you did a great job Trisha! I'm impressed ...... you never fail to amaze me :) xoxo Mom

Brooke said...

I am so impressed. We have the same washer and dryer =)

Christina said...

Wow! It looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Andrea @ Decorating Cents said...

Love this. I can't wait to pull the wire shelves down in my laundry room. Great job.

Nicole @ Simplicity and Delight said...

These turned out so well. I want to put some in my laundry room to hide all of the stuff that comes with doing laundry.

Nicole @ Simplicity and Delight said...

These turned out so well. I want to put some in my laundry room to hide all of the stuff that comes with doing laundry.

Danih03 said...

Heck I'd love to make these for my kitchen! Mine are hideous 30years ago homemade panel lovers cabinets.Seeing that you made these gives me hope I can one day afford new cabinets!