Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FAAA...RREEEEE


I guess the "I am getting too old for that" phase must be contagious. My 8 year old boy is now following in his older sister's footsteps of wanting his room changed as well.  One thing I have definitely learned along the way...don't decorate with a "theme" that your kids can outgrow. 

Here is my son's "dinosaur" room that is undergoing some changes:


The one thing I am glad I sprung for was Pottery Barn's general striped quilt and shams, changing accessories makes for a much cheaper redo. 

So in my quest to update and redo a few of his accessories, I came across the deal of the century...because that deal was FAAA...REEEEE!

I was able to score this lamp (minus the shade which I got at Target for $14.99) from originally $149.99, down to a flat $0!


Don't believe me?!  I even snagged a photo of the tag to prove it:


Yes, I know it says $39.99, but I got a gift card in the mail for $45 leaving me a little left over.

What makes it even sweeter, is he LOVES it...and that is all that matters :)


1 comment:

Jen said...

Free is awesome! You did a great job with the dinosaur room. Can't wait to see the changes :) Have a great weekend!!