Monday, April 30, 2012

Art Cards To Wall Art


After completing the major projects for functionality in my laundry room makeover, I wanted to  make it appealing to the eye with finishing touches.

If you missed the projects from the laundry room makeover, you can check them out here:


There really wasn't any wall space left for artwork or wall decorations; however, there was a narrow space between my storage cabinets and ironing board cabinet.  I wanted it to be meaningful and complimentary to the room, yet not overload the space.  

Last summer, my grandmother gave me these beautiful art cards she purchased from a local Seattle artist.  They are beautiful pen and watercolor sketches.  The talented artist is Gail Wong, and you can see more of her beautiful work here.






 I ordered this last one directly from her, I like to decorate in odd groups and needed a 5th horizontal piece to complete the set -




I LOVE the northwest, both my parents were raised in WA and I still have lots of family there.  I used to go there for weeks every summer and have so many fond memories of this beautiful area.

These were perfect for my space, so I decided to matte and frame these art cards and display them in a vertical college - 

 



I think they work perfect for this small space!




No comments: