Thursday, August 2, 2012

Loft Makeover Reveal

Originally for the space below I was going to do more bookshelves like I did on the North side of our loft here. However, my husband didn't think we needed anymore bookshelves...to hold the many books that we didn't own.  He suggested instead that I create a reading nook since I LOVE to read (yes, I read and don't have very many books, go figure!  Some would say that my kindle is literally attached to my hip).  I thought this was a brilliant idea and make the space VERY usable!




Here are some of the changes I am made for the upstairs loft:


I found this chaise from Home Decorators Collection that fit the measurements of the space pictured above perfectly!

 I ordered it in the swatch below, "Groupie Praline":


I also fell in love with this swatch from Fabric.com, P. Kaufmann Boscobel Floral Natural, the colors are exactly what I was looking for for this space.  Bright, cheery, and I loved the combination of the gold, cornflower blue, green, and brown.  I created a new roman shade for the window out of this fabric,  as well as a throw pillow for the chaise - 

I loved this fabric with the floral above so I am adding a second throw pillow to the chaise in this -

 

 Also from HDC, I ordered this chair for my desk:




Now that I have the white board & batten walls and bookshelves upstairs, the white desk had to go...


so I gave it a makeover!



I am so excited to share with you guys the loft changes I have made!  

south side of loft - 

before:

after:


South side of loft, bookshelf wall-

before:

after:






desk wall-

before:

after:





*For added protection, I had 1/4 inch glass cut specifically for the desktop.

Roman shade-

before:

after:




Full room view of north side -

before:

after:






1 comment:

Kris said...

This is absolutely amazing Trisha! When can you come and do this to my house? Seriously.