Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Master Bath Renovation


After living in our home for three years our master bathroom was the last to get updated.  After renovating the main floor and kitchen I had to be a little more conservative on how much I could spend.  I liked the layout of the bathroom, it just needed a little updating.  

the before:



I had someone tear out the bathroom floor tile, as well as the cultured marble surround in the tub/shower.  I replaced with Lowe's tile and stone accents, using a combination of several different patterns.  

I had the cabinet doors replaced; however, kept the drawers the same and had it all painted gray by the same painter I used for my kitchen cabinet makeover.  Marble counter tops, new square sinks, sink faucets, and light fixtures helped to dress up the space.  I painted the entire bathroom white and added molding to the large existing mirror that extends over both sinks. We removed the old framed glass shower door and had a new frame less one installed. 

It feels so clean and fresh now!

the after:







I completed both our master bath and my kid's bath at the same time, totalling about $7K for both.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the final look Trisha! I saw it in stages and now is nice to see it all completed. While the original bathroom was nice, what you have accomplished is a world apart. Takes it to a whole new level. Awesome job! xo Mom

Unknown said...

love the bathroom...
do you have two light fixtures over the sink.... just asking

Trish Atkinson said...

Donna, there are two sinks and a light over each sink. :)